The PAT DS-160 LMI from PAT America puts a full range of precise information right in the cab. Designed for use in smaller telescopic cranes and boom trucks, the DS -160 is installed and calibrated to the crane's load chart including specific load and geometric limits or boom length, angle, tip height and operating radius. The systems microprocessor technology allows operators to work with confidence by giving them constant access to the information they need. Having this invaluable data during demanding situations results in more productive lifts. As the global leader in crane information systems, PAT gives you an unmatched combination of product quality and field support. PAT service, parts and training ensure that the DS 160 meets your demands for performance and reliability with fast on-site installation and accurate calibration to your specific needs.The DS 160 offers a full-range of outstanding features, including:
• Measures True Load Moment: By measuring the true load moment the PAT DS-160 senses boom dynamics, load swingout, wind loading, shock load and the effects of boom deflection. Load moment is measured in lattice boom cranes with a force transducer in the boom pendants, and in telescopic boom cranes with pressure transducers in the lift cylinders.
• Digital LCD Display: Large characters and a super-twisted LCD-backlit for night operation, gives operators a clear and easy view from all angles.
• Analog Indication of relative load moment information provides a quick, convenient way for operators to see where they are in the load chart.
• Anti-Two-Block: A special hoist limit switch sounds an alarm and flashes a visual warning of an impending two-block condition.
• Function Control Lever Lockout: When the LMI System senses an overload or an impending two-block condition, the DS-160 provides a relay output which can be used to engage an optional lever lockout system to override hoist "up" telescope "out" and boom "down."
• Displays actual and allowable load, boom length, boom angle, and load radius.
• Alerts the operator in an impending two block condition.
• Integrated light bar provides a quick reference of the crane’s utilization.
• Quick and easy set-up through the operator’s console.
• User-friendly console.
• Meets SAE and ANSI B-30.5 standards.
Self-Diagnostics – Continuously monitors system and sensors. Error codes are displayed to help identify problems and minimize downtime.
The DS-160 was initially installed by Grove Worldwide , Shady Grove, Pa the leading U.S. Crane Manufacturer, as standard equipment on carrydeck cranes and National Boom Trucks beginning in 1996 replacing the DS-150 System. The DS-160 System has also been installed as original equipment in Manitex boom trucks and Spandeck crawler cranes. In 2005 the DS-160 System was replaced by the Can-Bus Mentor system.