• System goes to maximum sensitivity when first activated.
• The system can be activated automatically at engine start-up, or by use of the power switch on the control panel.
• Entire length of the boom --- from tip to base --- is protected. Any part of the boom that enters the warning zone will set off the alarm.
• Complete system test function tests and confirms the alarm sensing circuitry, antenna, alarm horn, and alarm light. The operator can test the entire system anytime he desires.
• No false alarms due to external interference.
• Provides warning of lightening so that operations can be discontinued until the electrical storm has passed.
• Simple adjustment of warning zone. The operator doesn't need to know voltage in the power line. The system can be used to confirm power line shut off.
• Easy installation.
Sigalarm Panel layout.
2.1 Hold to Test Push Button 2.2 Power Light and System Condition Indicator 2.3 Sensitivity Reset Button 2.4 Red Alarm Light 2.5 Coarse Control 2.6 Fine Control 2.7 Internal Horn 2.8 Antenna Sensor Cable Input Jack 2.9 Power Input / External Horn Cable & Auto Shutdown Output
Field-Tested Quality—Proven SafetySIGALARM is a solid state electronic safety system used for detecting the electrostatic field of any AC power line. It provides both audible and visual warning signals to alert the operator and attendant ground personnel when the boom comes within proximity of an energized high-voltage power line. For years, bare, non-insulated, high-voltage power distribution and transmission lines have created a hazard to users of cranes and other equipment that can reach and touch them. Such power lines are not easily observed by the equipment operator and supporting work crews because:
- Attention is directed or diverted to the other activities
- The power lines are above the operating personnel and outside normal functional range of vision.
- Visual judgment of clearance between raised booms of hoist lines and power lines is subject to error
- The power lines may be camouflaged